Monday, January 23, 2012

Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome

Ever since I posted about the My Little Pony RPG I ran on New Years' Day, there has been a demand for the rules I used to run the game. It has taken me longer than I expected, but I have finished the first draft and am now putting this out for the Internet Hivemind to digest.

Please read it and tell me what you think. Or, even better, playtest it! Try and break the system (probably won't be difficult). I wholeheartedly welcome all constructive criticism.

The PDF of Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome may be found here.

4 comments:

  1. This is CRAZY! I'm a regular follower of Newbiespud, so that's how I found out how there's now apparently... at least four different RPGs circulating out there...

    Here's the other three:
    Pony Tales RPG - http://catspaw-dtp-services.deviantart.com/gallery/32801780Pony Tales Aspirations of Harmony - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LaHX_aeWrw5643u040zqovePyesWI5KAXgkoHEqDazQ/edit?pli=1My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic - http://www.mlprim.com/ 

    I've personally been playing MLP: RiM for awhile now since late May/early June. I'm going to take a look into all these rules if I have time and see what's the best that can be gleaned from each system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to point out that only Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome is being playtested by an actual game designer...  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words cannot adequately express how much I love this idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know anything about My Little Pony or the resulting fandom, but I whole-heartedly approve.  Unknown Armies is my favorite RPG.

    Plus, I totally think I'd use Unknown Ponies in UA as the effects of some Videomancer formula.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.